Re: EDP FCB

> On Oct 20, 2005, at 4:11, .David.Auker. wrote:
>
>> I'm about to wade into setting up the FCB1010 to control the  Echoplex.

Got it! Virtual Buttons is mine!  It wasn't that painful, and the FCB
feels so nice and solid (compared to the EFC-7).  I just set it as Andy
had suggested, with the five "main" (for me, anyway) functions on lower
five preset buttons: Record, Overdub, Multiply, Undo, NextLoop, 5 others
on top.  I'm on Bank 09, with Banks 1-3 for Repeater.  In FCB Global, I
got the MIDI channel set ok for Note (2), but then somehow when I was
programming the Presets, instead of individually programming 1-10, I
somehow programmed Preset 1's 10 options of PC, CC, EXP, Note.
Something wasn't going right at the end of that process, so that was the
hint I needed to start over.  Then it went fine.  Important: for each
Preset, only the Note will be used, so any other button light needs to
be just turned off/deactivated (long press)...otherwise that Preset is
going to do things you don't want!  Nice to not have the FCB AND the
EFC-7 on the floor!

Thanks for the help and encouragement!

David

---on another subject, I can't believe how quickly my post appears back
to me as mail.  I'm on some other lists, and this is the quickest
"turnaround."