RE: What's wrong with loops

For the record, both of the quoted sections below were from Joe Rut;
I was replying to him, and so are you.

>--- David Gans <david@trufun.com> wrote:
>
>>  >A deeply ingrained feeling that the world is a
>>  piece of shit.
>
>I can only think of the Hanky the Christmas Poo song
>about how poop is everything...  I guess it's context
>too eh?  Poop on your shoe, not good, poop on the
>ground that feeds a plant that feeds a cow that makes
>milk to become icecream... nice!
>
>  music.  The
>>  >answer is *always* something missing in the
>>  context.
>
>I always wonder why some forms of music don't work for
>me outside of a live context, and others only seem to
>work in a recorded form.  Do other people have these issues?

Oh, for sure.  I do a radio show, and I get a ton of CDs in the mail.
Most of what I hear doesn't do much for me.  Sometimes I'll see one
of those acts live and totally get it; then I'll go back to the CD
and it'll work for me.

--

David Gans - david@trufun.com or david@gdhour.com
Truth and Fun, Inc., 484 Lake Park Ave. #102, Oakland CA 94610-2730