RE: m-audio plastic expression pedal

>Gear questions: are the new M-audio plastic expression pedals any good? Yes, they're cheap ($30), and light (so I'm told), but are they

>any good?

I have one, it’s ok.  I use it with a Vortex and it doesn’t seem to have the range adjusted quite right.  It’ll go through the whole range of the Vortex in about 60% of the pedals travel.  It seems pretty sturdy though.  I only use mine in my studio, so I have no idea how well it holds up to serious gigging.  For what I use it for, it’s fine, but I think I’d rather have the nicer Roland one, but… that one is around $100 list.  I’ve seen them on ZZounds for $55, but when I was looking they were closer to $80.  ah well.  I’d spend the extra $25.

Tony

Gear questions: are the new M-audio plastic expression pedals any good? Yes, they're cheap ($30), and light (so I'm told), but are they any good?

Also, do continuous controllers and the Lexicon "cameltoe" footswitches really need "real" balanced TRS cables, or are there thinner, lighter, easier-to-handle cables made for the purpose?

Thanks,

Tim

Timothy Mungenast

Why Wait? Move to EarthLink.