Looperlative Feature Set, Prioritization, etc

What would be interesting approach, rather than Bob relying on a select few
master loopers or key representatives of the looping community to drive the
feature  set for him, would be to rely on the general population of loopers
to define and "prioritize" the feature set.  Large corporations do this, so
why not with the LP1? Future Product Marketing folks in large companies
like
HP, Dell, IBM, etc...will go to their most valued customers in all the
customer segments (commercial, SMB or small medium business, and consumer),
and they will ask them which features are most important to them, and them
ask them to prioritize them, given we can't boil the ocean.  They take this
seriously because then they end up developing a product based on customer
need. After that it is a constant partnership and negotiation between the
marketing folk and R&D to see what they can feasibly develop in time to
make
their product launch.

What would be nice is if Bob had someone create a web-based survey of all
the available features on the LP1, first release, along with list of
possible features, and have us prioritize the entire list. In other words,
let the potential buyer define the feature set. It's not as if there are
hundreds of thousands of loopers out there, as in the case of a computer or
iPod, so this is actually an ideal product development situation for a
developer to take advantage of.  Travis is always asking why companies
don't
ask their target markets what they want in a product...this is that
opportunity. Just a thought. It  makes a lot of sense to me. And as a
result
of this survey, we mind discover that there are some features on the first
release of the product that aren't on the top of the list of priorities for
the larger community of potential users.

Kris