Re: [LOOP] Re: laptop based loopers/effects for live

On Thu, 29 Dec 2005, mwsmart@insightbb.com wrote:

>> On 29 dec 2005, at 19.06, mwsmart@insightbb.com wrote:
>
> This isn't laptop related, but one time I was using an RC-20 for an open
> mike and forgot to make sure the "Guide" knob was turned down. I played
> in a nice groovy jazz background, then hit play..
>
> SNARE! KICK! KICK! KICK! SNARE! KICK! KICK! KICK!
> The audience thought that was pretty funny. Since then I always checked
>it!

Done that myself, right into a nice phased E-Bow drone that I'd wanted to
capture. Agggh. But a spot or two of hot glue dabs that knob into place
by its edge, and should I ever want to sell it the glue dabs are
removeable without mark.

best,
Steve B
http://www.subscapeannex.com/about_steve.html