Re: Frisell live gig...

i been going to  frisell shows since forever-1st time i think i saw he was
usin a EH16sec.DDL-volped and a RAT pedal-and the amazing sounds he got
were
astounding and so musical yet out there...
also seen him change batteries in the middle of a set a few times-i guess
he
likes that tone you get just before a 9volt dies...(i do too! i got one of
those 'smokey amplifiers'-1Watt and one 9Volt pushin a Marshall 4X12-and
its
hard to believe the SOUND w/ a battery from 11-10-03!
one of his great tv moments was that old dave sanborn show-he played 'aint
no sunshine' w/ sting singing and playin bass-it was bootifool.
the wildest i ever saw him was @ slims w/ naked city w/ john zorn and fred
frith-what a great band that was-time changes-keychanges and dynamics like
crazy all w/in 3min.tunes...
as w/ belew and torn-frisell can do no wrong...
sez stan