Re: Intel Macs

Cripes! 4X faster than the Powerbook G4?  I believe this is going to
increase Apples 3% market share in computing dramatically. It's about
freakin' time.  And with the Intel Duo to boot. Wow.  $2000? I'd buy it.

Check out their Intel Duo page too:
http://www.apple.com/macbookpro/intelcoreduo.html  It answers some of the
questions we had about single application performance improvement.

Kris

"You've dreamed about it long enough. Now it has a name: MacBook Pro.
Powered by a dual-core Intel engine. Up to four times the speed of the
PowerBook G4. Eight times the graphics bandwidth. With built-in iSight for
instant video conferencing on the move. And Front Row with Apple Remote to
dazzle everyone in the room. Wait no more. MacBook Pro starts at just
$1999.

New engine, same soul

This is the first Mac notebook built upon the revolutionary new Intel Core
Duo - which is actually two processors (up to 1.83GHz) engineered onto a
single chip. It provides 2MB of Smart Cache, L2 cache that can be shared
between both cores as needed. It delivers higher performance in 2D and 3D
graphics, video editing, and music encoding. And the new engine is only
part
of the story. MacBook Pro has a frontside bus and memory that, at 667MHz,
runs faster than any previous Mac notebook. It's the first Mac notebook
with
PCI Express, a Serial ATA hard drive and the ATI Mobility Radeon X1600 for
superfast graphics performance."