Re: Intel Macs

Looks very cool. It uses the Intel "Core Duo" which is apparently the
same chip as the "Centrino Duo" that was discussed here last week. The
new MacBook doesn't get the 2.0Ghz Duo processor that's in the new
iMac, or at least not yet. One would hope that Mac software will take
advantage of the dual core, since there are no single core intel macs.

From:
http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/news/archive/2006/01/10/financial/f103222S79.DTL

During last week's International Consumer Electronics Show, Intel
unveiled the latest generation, the Core Duo, which features two
computing engines on a single piece of silicon.

It was that chip the Apple decided to fit into the new iMac.

--
Art Simon
simart@null.net