semi OT: mixer and looper/gtr sound question

quick question:
i have my zoom g2, ibanez delay going into my behringer mixer (not the bottom end one, but the next one up that is around 50$) and i have my dod d-12 in the effects loop then goes to my digital recorder.
what happened i  played the zoom yesterday upstairs away from my studio, and thought it sounded great through the headphones...
but when playing it through the mixer i haven't been as happy w/ the sounds.
is it the mixer? i realize that it's not a top end by any stretch,
just curious if anyone else has had problem w/ not loving guitar sounds through a low-end mixer.
s---