Re: SOME THOUGHTS ON THE STATE OF THE LOOP

Hello again,

Hmmmmm, I just thought I'd make a little public statement here.

In my email that started this whole dang thread it was never my intentiion to be disrespectful to anyone here -- particularly my good amigo Rick Walker -- when I said the we loopers perhaps need to "get over ourselves." I was thinking as much about myself and musing (depressingly) about my own loopy tendency to navel-gaze and miss out on other important implications of what's happening -- in other words: to grow.

I am gratified to hear that many of you feel the same way . . . or near enough to it . . . it sounds like.

I loved Loopstock. I've loved all of the Y2Kx Loop Fests I've had the pleasure to participate in and be a rabid fan audient at. And, furthermore, I appreciate and respect the heck out of Rick Walker for all he means and all he has done for this community and in his tireless promotion of looping. If there is a Mt Rushmore for looping, in my opinion, Rick's face ought to be on it.

God bless him! Along with Kim Flint, Rick is one of the true believers, a bonafide one-man missionary organization of looping. I never meant to fault him (or anybody else) in his efforts in promoting what we do. I'm getting the awful feeling as I read some of the supportive replies to my original post that (among some) it might be being taken in that vein somehow -- a thought that I find truly appalling.

I hope the fact that Rick himself has been silent on this thread so far has only been an indication of his post-NAMM fatigue and not some misunderstanding of my intent.

Best regards,

tEd ® kiLLiAn

"The only true free-thinker is he whose intellect is is as much free from the future as from the past." -- G.K. Chesterton

http://www.pfmentum.com/flux.html
http://www.CDbaby.com/cd/tedkillian
http://www.guitar9.com/fluxaeterna.html
http://www.garageband.com/artist/ArsOcarina
http://www.towerrecords.com/product.aspx?pfid=2845073
http://www.netmusic.com/web/album.aspx?a_id=CBNM_17314

and Viztas. Yadda, yadda, yadda. Blah, blah, blah. So???