Re: splitting your guitar signal - mixer routing or ...?

hmm thanks for the tips. i THINK i get it. if i'm
using a passive DI box that outputs mic level i'd
probably want to use something else?

i greatly appreciate the suggestions - all this
+4/-10db active/passive stuff is still a little bit
confusing at this stage. given the toys listed below,
what would you guys do to get the best possible
signal/noise ratio from a typical passive-pickup
electric guitar?

1. radial pro passive DI box

2. rolls red square "exciter" (an active DI)

3. two art tube mp preamps - (toyed with the idea of
splitting into the two pre's and bumping the gain but
wondering if that might unnecessarily complicate/color
the sound)

4. mackie 2408 mixer

5. pod xt

i was going to use the pod just before the recording
interface as the virtual 'amp' but if getting a clean
line level signal is the way to go maybe i should just
use it to split the mono guitar signal into the two
echoplexes.

thanks again, you guys rule.