Re: House Concerts - how to pull it off (was: Re: The Dark Age)

A couple of quick thoughts:
1. Ask people to bring food/snacks
2. $5-$10 works (it's ALWAYS a donation)
3. Depends on the neighborhod but if you become friends with the
neighborhood or
set it up so the neighborhood benfits, well then, there's no problem
4. Word of mouth gets performers in the door.  Build it and they will
come (and
you'll probably have to beat them away with a stick)
5.  Don't neglect artisty things as well (songwriting sessions with the
artist,
etc.)

~peace~

Michael