Magazine Watch...

Surprised nobody else has bird-dogged these yet, but...

There's a four-page spread specifically on Looping, starting page 62
in the February 2006 (#96) issue of UK's Computer Music magazine.
It's currently on the stands now in the US, but we get it a month
behind the Brits.  More on the magazine at
http://www.computermusic.co.uk

As is their typical writing style, the first two pages are dedicated
to the background and explanation of the technique, while the last
two are a guided tutorial showing you how to do it yourself.

The Looping overview is pretty good, incorporating a brief history as
well as some useful basic techniques for which Looping is used and a
boxout on recommend listening.  Not only is there a prominent mention
of Looper's Delight in the overview section, but there's even a
thumbnail graphic of the LD homepage (FYI side-note to Kim: you
really can't read a darn thing on the webpage if it's shrunk down --
other than the fact that you're a supporter of Sonic Foundry).

The tutorial actually uses Loopy Llama (
http://www.rekliner.com/?PageID=14 ) from our own Chris Kline.
There's also a boxout on free Looping software available on the net
which features, amongst others, blurbs on Jeff Larson's Mobius (
http://www.zonemobius.com ), the aforementioned Loopy Llama, and
Expert Sleepers' Meringue ( http://www.expertsleepers.co.uk ).  They
include a side-mention of Os' Augustus Loop as well, but since the
focus of the boxout is "free software" I don't think they could
really focus on that one in particular.

And in other magazine news, the current issue of Musicworks (Issue
93, Fall 2005) has a very nice two-column review of the Ambient Ping
events frequently posted here.  More information on the magazine is
available at http://www.musicworks.ca , while you can find out more
on the Ping at http://www.ambientping.com

        --m.

--
_______
" I want to keep you alive so there is always the possibility of