Re: LXP5 Problem - Stereo Output Now Mono

At 15:02 12/03/06, you wrote:
>I'm having some problems with my Lexicon LXP5.  It seems to be
>producing a mono output even though I'm using both L and R outputs
>to my board,

hi Kris,

Possibly it's  this (I don't know the LXP5, but other Lex stuff has
similar problems)

Likely there's a "switch" which is activated when a jack is inserted, in
order
to change from mono to stereo connection.
these become tarnished and cease to function correctly, but will work
again if the contacts are cleaned.

...don't know though, because usually that fault produces the exact
opposite result (you don't get both channels when iserting just one jack).
Can't hurt to clean the sockets anyway, who knows, that might fix it.

andy butler
www.andybutler.com