CODA -- TO A GUITARISTS SECOND WORST NIGHTMARE

Thanks!

That's a great quote, by the way. I really like it, and may try to
incorporate it into
something sometime. Do you know for sure it is "original" with Hellmut
Hattler?
If I quote him I would want to make sure I was correctly attributing it.

As for me, my fingers healed **enough** to play adequately (I think). I
had to perform
with plastic bandages on my fingertips on Friday (and still tore open a
blister or two).
I performed again on Saturday and did so with bare fingers. For a
variety of reasons
I did not feel my Friday duo performance with trumpeter Jeff Kaiser was
"up to snuff"
(although Jeff played extra-wonderfully to cover for me) but I think
the Saturday trio
spot with Jeff  and master percussionist/showman/creative-whacko Rick
Walker went
quite well -- and seemed to be positively received too. I was happy
with it at least.

Krispen Hartung MUST be commended for putting on a fabulous and
extremely well
organized show. He also gave a Saturday afternoon performance which was
superb.
Highlights (for me at least) were Jeff Rice and Ted Apel's set of
capturing and processing
signals from cosmic rays. Rick Walker's solo set. Lumper Splitter, and
(of course) Krispen's
own set with drummer Jared Hallock. It was a fun time and the venue and
staff were
all terrific. It was great to hear and perform with Jeff again. He
always kicks my behind.

Anywho, I am back from Boise, Idaho, safe and sound to my wife, kids
and little home
in Medford, Oregon . . . all in one piece. Next weekend I travel to
Ventura, California to
play in the annual Ventura New Music Festival (VNMF) that is organized
(again) by none
other than Jeff Kaiser. It's always a pleasure to play in my old home
town (I lived there,
and in nearby Santa Barbara) for several years. I still consider that
area "home."

A lot of great musicians will be playing there and it will be my first
chance to see
Nels Cline play in nearly a decade. I'm looking forward to it. I get to
share a spot on the
schedule callled "First Meetings" where I perform with a musician named
Bill Harrington,
whom I've never even met before. It should be interesting. I love doing
this sort of thing.

BTW, I send out a big thanks to everyone on the list for all of the
positive **energy** they
were sending my way with their e-mails and kind well wishes. I was
"touched" and
very grateful for every single one of those e-mails.

Thanks,

tEd ® KiLLiAn