Re: Looperlative 1st report

At 1:01 PM +0000 5/10/06, Weg wrote:
>Quick survey: anyone else think MIDI sync improvements are
>worthwhile?  If even 5 of us say it's important, that's roughly 20%
>of the installed user base!  (until the June batch ships, then we'll
>be about 8%).

I'm keeping my eye on it, but the specifics with which I'm interested
aren't probably the same as everybody else.

Whereas most people, I think, are interested in slaving the
Looperlative to MIDI clock, I'm interested in the LP-1's ability to
act as a MIDI sync *master*.  I'd like to be able to preset the
number of bars (and time signature) I'm about to be playing into the
Master Loop, then have the LP-1 begin generating MIDI clock as soon
as I close that first loop.

If that were implemented, I could record my first loop as an "intro",
then have a drum machine (or any other MIDI-synced device) come in
immediately [sic] synced-up to the proper tempo -- just as that first
phrase begins to loop.

Don't know whether that'll ever happen, but one can hope...

        --m.
--
_______
"If Television is a babysitter, then the Internet is a drunk