Re: Mobius on an Intel Mac (and more questions)

Ah very very interesting.  THE LINES BLUR.

I'm still toying with the idea of going laptop... It's
hard as I wasn't able to get Mobius running well on my
fiancee's laptop.  Not sure why but I didn't want to
screw with the settings too much.  It's a Thinkpad
Centrino 1.6 ghz but only has 512 of ram.  Maybe it
was the M-Audio Audiophile USB audio/MIDI interface.

I've kind of put that on hold as I had a good
experience with Sooperlooper on my G4 desktop.  I've
borrowed a 1.25 gighz Powerbook and an M-Audio 410
firewire interface to see what that's like.  I'm still
unsure if gigging with a laptop is for me but that
might just be my old skool sensabilities.  Werd.

But ultimatly, as much as I love my Macs... when I
factor in the price of a new Macbook with the cost of
XP... it's still more than a similar Vaio or Toshiba
or even Thinkpad considering they come with XP.

I guess I'm asking for advice.  I have a very
competent G4 desktop that runs flawlessly.  Spring for
a Macbook or mix it up and just get an XP laptop?
Mostly I hope to run a sequencer/looper and maybe a
softsynth like Reaktor 5.

Thanks a lot,

Mark