Re: AW: Compact Flash cards for Repeater??

>From a discussion on the repeater user's list:
***********************************
Nope.  Here's the info.  The ones I got use the old school Hitachi
controller that's been recommended as the one that works.
Apparently that controller is being discontinued.  Here's the info
from Helen at Pretec.  Somebody is trying the Cheetah, but I just
went and found the cards people have been saying work.  It makes me
wonder what they might change in the Repeater II if it ever makes it
to work with more modern cards, because one of the huge issues has
been difficulty in finding these cards.  This is the only place I've
heard of for a long time that has them and they don't even advertise
their availability any more.

Mike

"I do have several customers looking for this type of card for the
Electrix Repeater.  One of my customer told me that he already start
the testing for different types of card at this moment.  He has
purchased 1 silver solution CF card, Rensase controller, and 1
Cheetah Pro solution, which is using Samsung controller inside, for
his testing process.

This Hitachi SAH05 controller card is going to be discontinue in
several months, I believe it's around June of this year.  We are
still providing this card at this moment until it's completely phase
out.  You can still order this card through us at this moment. "

Here's the information you have requested for the SAH05:

Part Number: CFH256-CR
Quote: $ 70.00 / ea.
Availability: We currently DO NOT have this card in-stock.  The L/T
will be around 2 - 3 weeks.

Part Number: CFH512-CR
Quote: $158.00 / ea.
Availability: We currently DO NOT have this card in-stock.  The L/T
will be around 2 - 3 weeks.

The prices for this type of card is higher that the others due to
the shortage of the controller.  And for the 512MB is harder to
make; therefore, the price for this particular size is higher.  Do
you have a forecast for us?  Do you know how many pieces will you be
buying?  If you have a forecast for me, maybe I can talk to my
manager to get a better pricing for you.

Once again, thank you for your interest in Pretec's product.  Should
you have any questions, please feel free to contact me directly at
(510) 580 - 8332 or helenh@pretec.com.  I look forward to hear from
you soon.

Best Regards,
Helen Hui