Re: Snap, Crackle, Pop - VST Effect & Sound Card Problems

> I don't know about Chainer but one guess could be that the Reaktor
>stuff
> uses audio files of 48k sampling rate and this forces Chainer  to go
>match
> it. I've seen that happen in other applications.

That's it. Or Sound Blaster Audigy 2, which runs only in 48k forced it. I
noticed that in the Audigy 2 control panels, there is no option to reduce
down to 44.1k.

> Another guess is that the buffer is set too small in Chainer.

I've tried all buffer settings, from 256 to over 2000. No effect.

> A third guess is that you have left some digital port enabled by
>mistake.
> Chainer may then look for a digital clock to sync audio but  doesn't
>find
> any, since you have no extra digital gear connected to  the port. This
> scenario typically gives that type of noise.

I don't follow.  What sort of digital port?

Thanks,

Kris