RE: More on Snap, Crackle, Pop: iTunes and audio Latency

I haven't been following this thread - just noticed it by accident, really.
But y'all should know about the Windows Startup Control Panel. Hunt for it
on Google. There are about 6 different ways something can be specified to
start up on boot, and this lets you block all of them, and save your
blocks.
It's simple to use, very convenient, and free.

My iTunes problems on Windows were more about freaking QT 7, which (a)
disabled my QT 6 Pro license forever, with no way to get it back other
thank
paying - very sleazy fashion, and (b) took over a lot of my browser's
multimedia against my will, including screwing up TIFF displays and making
it impossible for me to browse patent office drawings (I later got a
different addin that corrected this).

At any rate, I generally look askance at all media player upgrades - I
haven't seen one in years that actually added any technical features or
anything else useful - they're all about pushing more ads at you and adding
more crippling DRM. I spit on them. Pyuchh...

Best wishes,
Warren Sirota