Re: More on Snap, Crackle, Pop: iTunes and audio Latency

On 11 jun 2006, at 04.49, Art Simon wrote:

> Sure enough, I opened my Windows Task Manager and stopped iTunes, and
> I was able to run the same patches in EnergyXT one buffer size smaller
> with no glitches. Warren also commented earlier on how iTunes messed
> up his system, did it have anything to do with this? anyway to avoid
> this without uninstalling iTunes?

I have iTunes on both my OSX and my XP PC's. On the XP PC there are
no extra background processes due to iTunes. But when I open iTunes I
notice two extra processes: "iTunes.exe" and "iPodService.exe". After
I have closed down iTunes the iPodService.exe stays active. I use
this PC for concerts with Mobius and I wouldn't open any other
application before I play; it's rock stable.

Greetings from Sweden

Per Boysen
www.boysen.se (Swedish)
www.looproom.com (international)