Re: More on Snap, Crackle, Pop: iTunes and audio Latency

It's possible. I did have iTunes running on my new system for a while,
because Cycling 74 Hipno requires Quicktime, and for a while I couldn't
find
the standalone quicktime installer, but has to installed both iTunes and
Qicktime. Now I only have Quicktime installed.

I've been doing a lot of research and tweaking on my new ThinkPad, with
msconfig. I basically researched every single startup item and service
that
loads with the system, and determined which were un-necessary for for
music
performance. Hence, before I play, I know how to go into msconfig and use
the selective startup option to uncheck those items and services.  I wish
you could save msconfig settings. I have to manually do this each time,
and
creating a new user profile on XP doesn't help, because many of the
services
and program are super-user, system wide, not based on user.

But.....with that streamlined startup and the normal startup, I really
can't
tell a difference in performance. I mean, I have 2gig of RAM and massive
processing power. When I do control-alt-delete and look at those processes
running in the background, they memory and processing they take up is
miniscule. So, I'm not really making a big deal out of creating a clean
startup config now....maybe on my old notebook that has a slower processor
and less memory, but not this one. The iTunes thing could have been a
problem though.

Morever, I believe I've done everything else noted in the URL you provided
below.

Kris