More on Snap, Crackle, Pop: iTunes and audio Latency

I'm wondering if this had anything to do with Krispen's audio
problems. I was reading about tweaking Windows XP and came across
this:

http://www.jakeludington.com/ask_jake/20050225_optimize_your_pc_for_audio_and_video.html

"Several applications are known to run in the background even when you
don't have them open. This consumes extra memory that could be
dedicated to your video or audio project. The software companies do
this so the apps load faster when you click on them, but you don't
want extra stuff running during processor and memory intensive media
projects. One common culprit is iTunes, which runs two helper apps in
the background waiting to launch if you dock your iPod (even if you
don't own one) or click on a music file."

Sure enough, I opened my Windows Task Manager and stopped iTunes, and
I was able to run the same patches in EnergyXT one buffer size smaller
with no glitches. Warren also commented earlier on how iTunes messed
up his system, did it have anything to do with this? anyway to avoid
this without uninstalling iTunes?
--
Art Simon
simart@null.net