Re: RC-50 glitch

Hi Kimmo

you have to be a bit careful with what you are reading.
A lot of people who use the RC-50 for the first time get the time settings
(loop sync, loop quantize, guide, tempo sync, patch tempo, phrase tempo..)
confused. Then they wonder why a loop starts/stops at a certain time.

With almost all my complaints, I was able to solve them with experience.

There are only the following "real glitches" that I'm aware of:
- When you record a loop and go to playback, the playback cannot be heard
immediately but only after ca. 0,5 second. However, the loop is still
perfectly on time and in perfect sync. The next repetition, the loop plays
perfectly normal.

I suspect this is a memory buffer problem. I have that also on my mp3
player: There is always a gap between song 1 and song 2 because the mp3
player needs to load the song to its memory first.

Another issue related to this is:
- When you are switching Patches (set of loops), playback never seems to
work seemlessly. There is always a little silent gap. This seems to depend
on the size of the patch you want to playback, it seems.

The first problem - to me personally - is not a real issue. The way I play
one hardly notices it. The other problem I find more annoying. I've found
no workaround except using Single Mode (switching phrases within a patch).

Another major issue is that changing tempo doesn't sound well. So you
should be able to live with sticking to the same playback tempo (I can
live with that very well).
Then again, I just read on this forum that there is a software update
coming to repair the "glitch"...

I don't know your budget, your musical style and also not all the
alternatives. But I enjoy my RC-50 a lot. :-)
Btw, something people also forget is the looong recording time. While this
may be not so important, it is very convenient: I record all my loops and
save them and can dump that i.e. once a week via USB to a computer.

Best regards
Buzap