OT: play guitar like a drum

I'd advise the use of  a good one space
parametric equalizer with at least 2, if not 4 bands of equalization.

set your Q to be very small..................turn up the volume to the band
and then sweep it slowly as you bang on the most resonant
places on the body (or neck of the guitar).

New digital equalizers (like the Berhringer)  have customizeable
presets that are really handy.

Make your drum sound  EQ setting and merely engage it as you play your loop
then disengage it as you go back to guitar playing.

I play found sound all the time and being a drummer/percussionist
professionally
I always immediately look at an object  looking for at
least 2 if not three resonances that correspond as much as possible
to the frequency bands of the three basic concepts of a drumset

the bass

the middle (snares to tom toms)

the highs (hi hats)

by finding three resonant places on the guitar that correspond roughly to
those frequency bands,
a little (or a lot) of judicious EQ-ing will really bring out the
differences between the frequencies.

The fantastic and innovative looper, Claude Voit of Switzerland even went
so
far as to put a piezo
pickup hi on the back side of the neck of the guitar so he could really
amplify all the percussive
noises that exist up there.

There's a lot of   ersatz hi hat/wood block/  string noise/ weird harp
sounds behind the nut   action going
on up there and Claude really exploited it the last time I heard him play
(regretfully,  three years about
now)

*******

Additionally,   I liberally use a Digitech Red Whammy pedal to be able to
change the pitch
of non melodic sounds.    There's a fair amount of latency when utilizing
the one and
two octave down modes so I just make my first loop with these pitches
engaged
and then build on top of them once the tuning is back to normal.

A great way to find good bass drum sounds in any object, really.

Also,  said and done........................this is one of those
OFFTOPIC topics that Kim Flint our fearless moderator was complaining about
and that we debated so much in the past month

for the sake of future loopers coming here,   we should be dilligent and
list these things as OFF TOPIC
or even ask for response, individually,  off the list.

Just  a respectful suggestion,

Rick Walker