upcoming looping gig - Ottawa

Hey Everybody,

I thought I'd send out a note and let people know of a upcoming looping gig I'm doing this Saturday in Ottawa Canada.  I sent one of these out yesterday but I don't think it made it.  If you're getting two, my appologies!

Here is the press release.

You want to be there.
Solo Artists and Musical Wizards:Dave Lauzon, Marc Charron, Mike Sasso

In a time when so much sounds the same and every new artist is a replica of their influences, true creativity in music is rare. Even rarer are those embarking on a solo career, with the vision to explore new musical territory. On August 12th, Café Dekcuf will be indulging in a night of musical wizardry featuring solo artists, Mike Sasso, Marc Charron and Dave Lauzon.

Opening act, Mike Sasso is an eclectic folk musician and gifted guitarist. As one who normally chooses song writing and studio work over performing, this is a rare appearance and the opportunity to hear truly unique ideas.

Following Sasso will be popular singer-songwriter, Marc Charron. A vibrant and spontaneous musician Charron has successfully toured Canada and Australia, winning over new fans through his catchy songs and creative musicianship. Now the guitarist and vocals for Lure, Charron still thrives on the energy created between himself and the crowd during his solo performances.

Headlining act, Dave Lauzon, is a talented guitarist, sonic experimentalist and fearless improviser. Formerly the lead guitarist of nero, Dave Lauzon’s new solo work combines both electric and acoustic instrumental pieces in a jazz–rock blend, succinct and original percussion, swirling, melodic guitar riffs and the heady, ambient use of effects. As Lauzon moves from a touching acoustic piece to a soaring guitar solo then envelopes the room in layers of rocking percussion, the result is a dancing, expansive and emotional sound that is sure to capture your attention and imagination. You’ve never listened as closely, you’ve never danced as hard to just one guy.

What makes this night a unique experience is not only the talent, creativity and diversity of the three acts, but also the amazing fact that they each call Ottawa home.

Details: Doors open 8pm. Show 9pm Cover $7.