EDP ignorance

kim wrote:
"It seems to me there is plenty of opportunity for talented loopers to
teach
lessons or write books or make instructional videos. Why not you? What are
you all waiting for?"

I know that Hans Lindauer shot a video of Andre LaFosse and I have not
idea
why it never
came out (or maybe, I should say,  if it ever came out).

Bernhard Wagner has also been working on a documentary about the EDP.  Has
that ever seen the
light of day?

Anyone know the status of these events?

kim wrote:
"Are you talking about the old manual or the new one? I almost completely
rewrote it for the EDP plus, and tried to reorganize it. It seems to me the
volume of complaining about the manual went down after that."

and, yes, Kim,  the new manual is really much better than the old one and
you did a good job on
it, to give ample credit where credit is do.   I still wish there was
perhaps a glossary of musical techniques and the specific tools to use to
accomplish them.      But, as you say,  if I really want it that badly, I
can do it myself.

**************************************

I also hear what you say that you can buy a guitar without much of a
manual,
but the techniques that
are possible with the Loop IV software are paradigm breaking in any
digital
instrument in my opinion
and it has taken me seeing people like Andy,Claude,  Andre, Luis and
Matthias to get a handle on some of the techniques.

In my early days of trying to sell people on the concept of the EDP and
it's
power, I always found it difficult to do because
people almost have to see it used to get what it can do..............but
that's the territory with a powerful and complex tool.

Some people find Andre's music to be too challenging, but I myself got
really turned on seeing him play
and his approach set the bar for me for the use of the instrument.

It's funny, but two artists I know,  Andre  and Claude Voit no longer use
techniques that they used to use that are
techniques that really turned me on.    Specifically,  Andre's use of an
old
roland drummachine to play his loop fragments like melodic jungle patterns
and Claude's use of sequencing to control the EDP)

I guess artists have to grow.............but the things they did could
only
be done with the EDP
(or I guess, now,  Mobius in software).

sorry for the babble, but I love the EDP.