OT: Intel's new Core 2 Duo Processors for Laptop Looping/Effect Systems

In case anyone is planing on buying a laptop with an Intel duo (dual core)
processor, they are releasing their new Core 2 Duo processor for notebooks
at the end of this month.

http://www.intel.com/pressroom/archive/releases/20060727comp.htm
http://mixonline.com/news/headline/intel-core2-processor-072706/ (Mix
Magazine)

"Due for release in August, the Merom is the mobile version of the Core 2
Duo processor and will replace the current Core Duo line. The unit will
include the same features as the other processors but is designed around
lower power consumption, which is critical in the notebook market. The
chip
will be available in 1.66 GHz, 1.83 GHz, 2.0 GHz, 2.16 GHz and 2.33 GHz
configurations. "

They are supposed to offer 40% more performance gain, based on benchmark
tests.  They also support both 32 and 64 bit.

I can't even utlize the processing power of my current Intel duo
system....40% would be an amazing amount of processing headroom.

Kris

Krispen Hartung / Improvisational Looping Guitar
www.krispenhartung.com / www.myspace.com/krispenhartung
My Tribe: http://people.tribe.net/krispen-hartung
info@krispenhartung.com / 1.208.724.5603
Discography - http://www.krispenhartung.com/catalogue.htm