Re: keeping loops interesting

There are some great tips here....I particular like ones about playing
outside of harmony (Jeff), chromatically, etc.  Of course, I prefer to
play
with no meter as well. I like things totally free.

Here's something else I do to help keep my loops interesting: Forget I am
looping.  It's easy to get infatuated with the technology and forget that
it's still just a matter of producing interesting music and art.
Sometimes
folks get so hypnotized up there on stage pressing buttons, moving
sliders,
and pressing pedals, that it seems they forget about making good music.
And
I suppose this requires getting so familiar with you rig that using it
becomes internalized and does not compete cognitively with the creative
process.

Kris