Re: The Tech 21 MIDI Moose, and my simple-minded approach to looping

--- Krispen Hartung <khartung@cableone.net> wrote:

> I'm keeping my FCB too...it's still a great unit,
> even though I can't find a
> decent sized bag to put it in.

If you're in the states I recommend checking out Ross.
Yep, that's right.  Ross "Dress for Less."  If it's in
your area you'll find that it always has a decent
selection of roller bags that are usually around
$40-50 dollars and fit the FCB1010 almost perfectly.

> I am still
> manage to the basics when it
> comes to looping...I still use only the Record,
> Overdub, Multiply (rarely),

I'm in the exact same boat.  I find that the less time
I spend touching my MIDI controller for loop based
functions, the better.  That's why I'm always so keen
on finding a looper that will auto quantize record a
phrase of a predetermined length with one step... like
the Lexicon JamMan.  I just love being able to almost
"forget" my looper.  Mobius can do this now with
scripts, but only in terms of time, not number of
beats.  I'll weep tears of joy the day he adds that
functionality.

Mark