Re: Software to replace multieffects box (was Laptop loopers, what do you do with your favorite rack gear?)

On 11 nov 2006, at 23.11, Art Simon wrote:

> Only multi-effects VST I have experience with is the LFX-1310:
> http://www.luxonix.com/home/en/products.html?id=lfx1310
> It's free and cpu friendly

Good tip. This is a nice one,has some good effects and useful routing
inside the plug-in. But unfortunately it is coded in a way that
crashes Bidule when binding a MIDI cc to a plug-in parameter. Some
other VST plug-ins do that as well, while other VST plug-ins are stable.

My own private investigation of "the software route" is now
completed. A big Thank You to everyone that has helped with
information and advice! What I found is that (1) my recent computer
resources are not powerful enough to replace rack hardware and that
(2) Windows - due to the problems with the VST format - is not the
best system for me. I will now drop the priority of this subject and
focus on my working live rig, that is a Windows laptop plus a TC
Electronics FirewoX working as the "soundcard"/AD converter and
effect processor, digitally connected by an optical adat cable with
the laptop (though an RAE Multiface - only digital, not using the
analog in/out-puts).

Eventually I'll look into a software only solution on Mac, for the
future. The AU-plugin format and OS X is the reason I prefer the Mac.
However, until there is no software looper like Mobius available for
Mac I can't make this a priority.

Greetings from Sweden

Per Boysen
www.boysen.se (Swedish)