Re: Re: Re: Re: Alt controllers

At 10:29 AM -0500 12/21/06, burnett@pobox.com wrote:

>I'm sure someone else on this list knows of a theremin-like spatial
>field effect controller with MIDI output that doesn't involve
>waiting two years on eBay for someone to sell an Ethervox theremin
>:), but that's the one I remember offhand. Maybe the Roland D-Beams?

Heh!  You mean people don't enjoy spending every waking hour on Ebay?  :P

I'm not certain about the D-Beams, but you can get by with the Alesis
Photon X25 MIDI Keyboard.  It's got the same AXYZ controller on it as
the AirFx/SynthFX modules, but it controls MIDI CC instead.

One word of warning though: the rest of the controller is pretty much
a POS, and the only reason to get one is because of the AXYZ dome
(and even that isn't guaranteed reliable, so you prolly won't want to
chance it going out on you while on stage).  If you want to use
theremin-like motions to control MIDI, however, that one function is
worth the price of the kit alone.

        --m.
--
_______
"Take a packet of seeds.  Take yourself out to play