RE: live looping

Live looping, as I see it, is the use of an audio recording device that
allows the player to create repeating musical ideas, i.e. loops, in real
time. These devices range from the simple functionality of your DM1100's to
sophistication of Loop recorders like the EDP and Looperlative, as well as
state of the art software for lap tops. Check the Archives. In addition to
what Mark and Per said, I wanted to add another strategy for using your
DM1100. You would need a volume pedal, and some kind of splitter box ( a
stereo chorus or ABY box would do)  to make this work. You run your
instrument in to the splitter box, send one output from the splitter to
your
mixer or monitor source, and the other output to the volume pedal, and then
your delay/looper, in your case  a DM1100, and finally to your mixer or
monitor source. The beauty of this technique is you can leave your feed
back
at %100, or what ever, and never use the hold, because you can let the
volume pedal feed the delay, and add to your loop as you see fit. A cool
technique you can use, with this type of routing, is you can strike a chord
or note, with the volume pedal in the heal down position, push the volume
pedal forward to toe down position,, and get attack-less loops, i.e. ,you
have the ability to truncate your instruments attack by manipulating the
volume pedal feeding your delay/looper..
 I have set up the hold delay algorithm on my Vox Tonelab in this way ,
assigning an expression pedal to control delay input feed, and the other to
control the delay/loop feedback. I don't even use a hold function, as the
delay set at %100 is infinite anyway. Instead, I opt to have a tap tempo
function, so I can change the delay/loop length at will, and use the
algorithm as a more conventional delay as well.
 As you will find Bill, there are now so many ways to loop, so many devices
available, and a wealth of info on this site about it. Good luck.

Bill