Re: Accompanying yourself with live dance beats

> At 10:41 PM -0800 1/16/07, Veda, Qua wrote:
>>
>> I'm really new to looping and related technology. I'd appreciate
>> ideas, feedback on this concept for a live performance.
>>
>> In a live performance, I'd like to create a groove like you'd hear
>> in electronica/dance DJ music.  Perhaps ~4 loop layers , and then
>> let it continue to loop/play as a background for live Stick
>> playing. I've heard dance grooves that use all kinds of
>> interesting 'found sounds' , voice clips, beats etc , that end up
>> creating a kind of drone that could serve as background to play over.
>>
>> What do you think?   How would you go about creating the groove
>> layers I've described?

I would strongly recommend to use your voice into a microphone, going
through a proper compressor, to create that groove layer. When
playing The STick you could put on a headset mic. Eventually you
would also need a floor pedal switch for turning the mic on/off to
prevent leakage, that is if you lead it into the same looping input
where you also play your stick to loop it (which I think is the most
immediate setup).

Greetings from Sweden

Per Boysen
www.boysen.se (Swedish)