Re: OT: Electric Guitar - fix for static noise?

Per,
Are the strings on your guitar grounded?

  Gaffer tape is not likely to fix this problem. You need to remove
the pickgaurd and apply a piece of alluminum or copper foil, or tape
and make sure that this is properly grounded. THis will help
dissipate the static charge.

-CZ

http://www.zmix.net