OT: Tube vs. DSP Amps, Mid Range Vs. Botique, etc

I apologize in advance, as this is off topic, but I needed to resolve this here. Once again, I contradict my past observations and comments based on new experiences.

Point #1: A few weeks ago I had bought the Fender FM65 DSP amp, because it has really good effect combinations and it was reasonably good at emulating a variety of tube amps.  I played it at a few gigs, was alright with it (not blown away), but then out of curiosity decided to buy the well respected (by amp purists, based on my research) and highly applauded Fender Pro Junior 1X10" all tube amp. This is one of the most basic, pure tube amps on the market. It is small, light, and simple.  I used it for a jazz gig last night and was almost giddy because of the tone....unbelievable...warm, smooth, spongy, milky, highlighted those sweet spots of jazz tone, all that stuff. Of course, the amp has only a tone and volume knob...nothing else! So I ran my Boss VF1 into it for reverb and delay....it sounded wonderful, just out of this world. Hence, I wasn't able to maintain my do-it-all-with-one-amp goal, but the tradeoff was worth it. This little amp is a amazing. I would recommend it for any style of music, looping or not. I'm still in awe.

Point #2: I slept on it for several week, and I'm buying the Schertle "David" acoustic guitar amp. Yes, it's a boutique amp and high priced, but it delivered an amazing sound out of such a small package...plus, I will run my VF1 into it for effects. Hence, I put my Crate Gunnison up for sale tonight on eBay.

Basically, I've given up on finding a DSP amp that will delivery both a good tube amp simulation, plus good effects and combinations. Perhaps it is possible or even highly probable to get one or another in one DSP amp or another, but I couldn't seem to find both based on my tests and needs. My ultimate decision is to focus on just a good amp with great tone, and then worry about the effects later...meaning get them with my VF1.  It is a reasonable tradeoff until sometime in the future when they start building rack amount effect quality effects into boutique guitar amps...that will be the day, eh?  I still think they can make a DSP amp that emulates a tube amp to the "T", but I don't think they've done it yet. Perhaps the R&D is too costly to make the investment worth it...but I have to believe that someone could design and manufacture a botique DSP amp that had both great tube emulation and pro quality digital effects.

Kris