Re: Back to the EDP, Home at last!

Hey MFC,

If you are having technical problems with your Looperlative LP-1  (heating
up at gigs,  unability to sync to Ableton's)
you should contact Bob Amstadt immetiately and let him sort them out for
you.
He has an amazing track record of standing behind his product and fixing
what needs to be fixed.
Additionally, he is a one person company who's business thrives on his
reputation so I know he
is invested in having you as a satisfied customer.      He's truly
wonderful
in that regard.  I have seen
him bend over backwards to make sure his customers are happy............a
rarity in the music business , imho.

I'll CC this message to him as well, but his email is bob@amstadt.com.

I also concurr with you about how wonderful the EDP is.   I own two and
LOVE
THEM!!!!
That being said and done,  the LP-1 also has some amazing things that it
is
doing and
not only that, but the software is in a constant state of revision which
is
instantaneously upgradeable
in real time through the ethernet port on the back of the unit.   I don't
know what version of the software you have
but I imagine it's not the latest (as they have been working on midi sync
issues lately).

Before you give up on it,  at least make sure yours is working and loaded
up
with the latest software revisions.

Best of luck to you and your looping.

yours,  Rick Walker

POSTED TO LOOPERS DELIGHT by MFC (midifriedchicken@comcast.net)
under the  "Re: Back to the EDP, Home at last!"  thread

After trying the LP1 and the RC-50, Ive recently re-aquired the EDP. For
all
its faults, I must say, It is one of the most amazing musical tools ever
made. I used to have 2, then I sold them at the promise of the LP1. Very
nice thing the LP, but I had such a hard time syncing it to Ableton Live.
Plus it crapped out at gigs when it was hot.  The RC 50 was ok. No syncing
capabilities at all.

Last night I was up to 4 in the morning rediscovering the EDP. The setup
Im
using:
Strat or Taylor into Live 6/Guitar Rig 2, Audio from the one track is sent
out via a Firewire 410 to a Channel on a Mackie Mixer, out of the mixer to
the EDP using an aux out, From the EDP, back to its own channel. Live is
playing beats and/or bass lines(Stylus/Trilogy). All of this is being
controlled by a FCB1010. Totally cool and so god damn fun. I'll try to
send
MP3's later this weekend.

Later!
MFC