Re: VSTi piano - or other laptop synth

If you're really into real piano I doubt you'll be
happy with any of the software mentioned.  Your best
bet is to save and get a kick ass sampler like
Kontakt.  It comes with a few very good pianos IMO
(though I'm probably not the most picky when it comes
to piano sounds)

The one piece of gear I miss the most when I did what
you're doing was my ROMpler (a Roland XV-5050)  I'd
say try out the software at your favorite local music
store or friends house before you buy just in case.

Mark

--- Joshua Carroll <josh@infinivert.com> wrote:

> If you haven't purchased your laptop yet, you could
> get a Mac and use
> the sounds built into Garage Band.
>
> --Josh
>
> aaron leese wrote:
> >

> > Here a tangentially related topic .....
> >
> > I need a good keyboard synth program .... because
> I have a midi
> > controller (keyboard), and a rack mounted synth,
> but would like to
> > sell the rack mounted equip and use just a laptop
> (save space).....
> >
> > Sampletank is good (but very expensive) ... I have
> been looking for
> > alternatives, but with little luck.  The only free
> ones I found
> > (4front and MDA) are mediocre, and have some
> latency issues running
> > with VSThost.
> >
> > Can anyone offer advice on this?  I wouldn't mind
> spending a few
> > hundred if I can get something that will replace
> my korg triton rack
> >

> > Aaron

> > Want a degree but can't afford to quit? Top school
> degrees online - in
> > as fast as 1 year

http://forms.nextag.com/goto.jsp?url=/serv/main/buyer/education.jsp?doSearch=n&tm=y&search=education_text_links_88_h288c&s=4079&p=5116

Never Miss an Email