Re: new experimental music project

On Wed, 28 Feb 2007, nico spahni wrote:

> I'm working on a new experimental music project by the name of CAM
> (Coincidental Audio Manipulation). This is the concept in a nutshell:
>
> An improvising musician and a sound manipulator interact musically with
>each
> other in real-time.
>
> Here are some first attempts with two piano players:
>
> http://www.recpro.ch/mp3/sylvie_leideritz_and_cam_1.mp3
> http://www.recpro.ch/mp3/sylvie_leideritz_and_cam_2.mp3
> http://www.recpro.ch/mp3/alain_bollag_and_cam.mp3
>
> I find the idea of looping someone else rather intriguing. Both
>participants
> (the looper and the loopee :-) can explore new musical territories that
>would
> have remained unapproachable by playing on their own. Also, I can fully
> concentrate on sound processing while a musician does the playing.

Same reason I find this kind of work interesting. Nice work, on the
samples.

> Do you think this project is worth persuing? Is there anyone who has
> worked
> in a similar direction? I'd love to hear about your sonic ventures.

Yes, i do this kind of thing fairly often.

Last year I spent several sessions working with a tuba player, feeding his
mic'd tuba into my effects chain an looping and processing it in real
time.

More on that project I posted to the list here:

http://www.loopers-delight.com/LDarchive/200603/msg00934.html

We plan to return to more work on this project this spring.

Also, last summer I took a 30min live performance (that was recorded) and
manipulated it live in real-time as a performance. More info in this email
to the list last July:

http://www.loopers-delight.com/LDarchive/200607/msg00305.html

best,
Steve B