RE: replace mode by function

[andy]
> Could this be seen as
>
> Looper as instrument vs. Looper as effect ?
>
> In which case the "edp" approach is the "getting your hands dirty
> actually doing it yourself even if you have to practise the moves" way
> compared to the LP-1/Mobius way of "once it's set up, I just press a
> button and this wonderful thing happens".

Well, it could also be said that you are being given the ability to
build your own instrument rather than play someone else's.

With enough practice, everyone could be playing the Godin Glissentar
instead of those stodgy old inflexible 6 string fretted guitars.
Is the fret an instrument or an effect? :-)

Jeff