Re: VST folder

On 5/3/07, Qua Veda <qua@oregon.com> wrote:
Using  PC.  Each time I install a VST, it puts the VST file in a different
folder .   Is it OK to create a folder under C:\Program Files,  called "VST
Folder", and then copy the .dll file from each VST into that folder?

Would this totally hose things up?  Or is OK to do this?

Appreciate the help
-Qua

That's how I do it on my Mobius laptop and it's working fine. I set it up that way after being aviced by Jeff, taht devlopes Mobius, but later on I have come to understand that it's not the usual way with all Windows application. The "normal" way seems to be to put the VST folder insie the "Programs" folder , not the "Program Files" folder. Because of this I need to manually move the Mobius dll file into that folder because so far the Mobius installators put it in the "Programs/VST" folder. Strange. Maybe I misunderstood this from the beginning, but it's too much work to change it now.

Actually, VST dll files can live in different VST folders if you are using a VST host that can be manually directed to any folder to look for VST's.

--
Greetings from Sweden

Per Boysen
www.boysen.se (Swedish)