POST YOUR SETUP

Rick Walker here:

I change my setup continually which probably hurts me as an artist.
I'm prone to equipment failures all the time...............lol.

that being said and done,    I use four different loopers so that if one
(or
two in the case of my last live concert)
suddenly quit working,  I have something to fall back on).

I think that my equipment karma (or lack of discipline getting my tech
together sufficiently) is what scares the hell out
of me about having everything in one laptop computer as so many are doing.
That, and my love of lots of flashing
lights on stage that come from a large rack of equipment.........I think I
have a lighting fetish.

on the floor   I have a microphone (or two)  that inserts out from my
Mackie
1604 board.

This goes into what ever hodge podge of effects pedals that I am
continuously rotating that include (though
not always):

Alesis Ineko
Alesis Ampliton (my favorite pedal of the moment)
Digitech Red Whammy pedal (noisier than hell but I love this one's ability
to pitch change on the fly with an expression pedal)
Boss Intelli Shifter (less noise but not nearly as cool as the Digitech
imho)
Digitech Vocal 300  (I love this pedal but I destroyed one and it's so
damned noisy that I just can't conscience buying another)
Boss OD-20   Distortion modeller (another favorite pedal and one which I
have purchased a Berhinger Feedback Controller
just to be able to use radical distortion on acoustic instruments and
vocals)

All this goes into either one or two Line 6 DL-4 modellers (in series)
returning to the channel through the insert

Then AUX 1     is my LOOPERLATIVE (for fidelity and more conventional song
oriented looping and long ambient loops that don't synchronize)
        AUX 2      is my  GIBSON EDP with loop IV (my slicing and dicing
and
replacing looper mostly for resampling)
        AUX  3     is my  ELECTRIX REPEATER  (used entirely for repitching
of loops and playing them with either
             a)   a YAMAHA WX5 Wind Controller (the most visually
interesting but most difficult controller to play)
             b)  ROLAND PAD 80  (when I want to do drummistic things
and/or
are playing Percussion conventions,  merely to get drummers to relate)
             c)    MAUDIO TRIGGER FINGER (which I may soon retire to start
controlling a live video feed sent through Cycling 74's Jitter (and
reprojected
                                                              on a special
costume I"m having made with a head and shoulders sized screen on my chest)
        AUX  4     is my LEXICON 500 digital effects unit but just today,
the screen came up blank on this puppy and I know I won't spend the money
                               to fix it so I may replace it with either a
BOSS VF-1 (if my brother will lend it to me again)

Then I have to also mention that I use a plethora of toy effects devices,
mostly in the form of little translucent megaphone styled
pitch shifters, voice changers,  lo fi disortion devices.     I also am
using several of these devices (particularly little
square shaped voice changers that also have normal microphone modes that
feedback horribly but at low volumes.

I use this kind of processing as much as anything to be frank.

Then I have a rack (that I have used rarely because I"ve performed more as
touring artist than around my own area and it's too much to take with me
on
an airplane)  that has
ELECTRIX FILTER FACTORY
ELECTRIX MO FX
ELECTRIX WARP FACTORY

INSTRUMENTS:

Then...my latest instrument MICROKORG SYNTHESIZER (with a nice vocoder
that
may have me selling my WARP FACTORY soon),
a Purple RICK TURNER FOUR STRING FRETLESS acoustic electric bass guitar
a Purple and Black FENDER STRATOCASTER
three different toy electric guitars that I use for preparing
various ethnic string instruments (oud, saz, mandolin, banjo, strumsticks,
cello, violin (the latter two of which I have not played live yet)
various wind instruments (purple pocket trumpet, dayglo green plastic
clarinet,various sizes of recorders, bansuri flutes, nose flutes,
pan pipes,  circular flutes,  blowing bottles, conch shells and my latest
acquisition:   a UV active bright lime green swedish double chanter bagpipe
made in the shape of a squid that custom bagpipe artist Duco Sminia just
completely for me (haven't even learned how to play it yet.......lol)
various and sundry drums and ethnic percussion instruments
various found percussion instruments  (glass ghatams, metal ghatams,
frisbees, suitcases, buckets, et. al.)
a hell of a lot of toy instruments (toy pianos, music boxes) and found
sounds
a bunch of exotic, one of a kind instruments that I've either had
commissioned or that I've stumbled onto at the flea market
and last, but certainly not least,   my voice.

I don't play all of these in every show but I try to take a completey
different set of instruments to every show as in the last several years
I have only done improvisatory shows. I'm getting sick of it, however so I
may start writing tunes to perform this coming year (lol,  I always
say that every year so who knows)

Okay,  that's probably way more than anyone wanted to know but at least I
wrote it out for posterities sake.