Re: POST YOUR SETUP

On May 30, 2007, at 9:18 PM, RICK WALKER wrote:

> Rick Walker here:
>
> I change my setup continually which probably hurts me as an artist.
> I'm prone to equipment failures all the time...............lol.

Oh man, that's so me too.  I'm trying to be better though... the
laptop rig is helping a lot, but I do seem to be somewhat addicted to
VSTs.  I've been doing a folder clean out though and while it's not
what one would consider "lean" it's better.

So for me it goes...

Guitar > Vox Tonelab SE (I hear no digital grunge) > Boss VF1 >
Soundcraft Mixer
Alesis Axis 9 CD player > Korg KAOSS Pad 2 > Mixer
Roland JV-1010 > Alesis AirSynth > Alesis AirFX > Mixer
Roland Handsonic > Mixer

Mixer Effect sends > M-Audio Firewire Solo > Toshiba Laptop > Live/
Mobius/Tons of VSTs
M-audio Firewire Solo out > Mixer

Mixer direct outs > MOTU 828 > Mac Dual 2.5 ghz G5 > MOTU Digital
Performer 4.6

That's the audio chain... I could go on about the MIDI setup, but
basically I control Mobius with a Behringer FCB 1010, Live with a
Novation Remote 25 SL, VSTs with a Novation Remote 61 and a little
bit of Alesis Photon 25, though it's getting crowded on my restaurant
rack and the Photon may be the one to go, even though that IR X/Y/Z
controller is very cool.  Writing that made me think that it may be
best to dedicate it to controlling the JV-1010 which I got purely for
ambient noise processed by the AirFX/AirSynth duo.  Sort of my "hands
off" rig.

Mark