Re: Laptops

----- Original Message -----
From: "samba -" <

> Sorry to go logical on you ,but I don't assume that at all .I spoke only
> of the people who sit at their laptops

I followed you, though I don't know what a subjective term like
"interesting" has to
do with logic in this particular case. I am referring to the same people,
like myself, Kaiser, and others.
 If a musician is sitting down at the laptop, they can still be
"interesting". For instance, I think Kaiser
is particular interesting to watch, even though he sits at his laptop. He
plays a trumpet,
makes interesting faces, moves around, and is very expressionate. And he
does all of this while
hardly ever touching his computer, just his controller pedals on the
ground,. All "interesting" in
my subjective perspective. And I've seen other sit-down musicians do all
sorts of fun things.
If we say sit-down laptop musicians are categorically uninteresting to
watch, then this pretty
much rules out the possibility of a disabled person being interesting to
you, right? Or can
they do something while in the chair to capture your attention? I guess so.

But in general, I tend to agree with you that a good portion of the
sit-down
laptop
users I've seen haven't been that exciting to me. But I like to focus on
the
positive
and the exceptions rather than dwelling on the other. It motives more
change.

So, when you said "One clear advantage to not using a laptop is that
people
working at
laptops are not particularly interesting to watch"....were you
generalizing
(clearly), stating
your personal opinion of only the sit-down laptop users you've seen, or
making a specific
claim about only a sub-set of sit-down laptop users?  That statement was
not
clear enough
to discern your intent.

Kris