OT: stereo mic.

hi there...

i've done some research through the net,
but can't find the correct answer for this:

which are the troubles by using two
mics to record in an x/y stereo configuration (or other
stereo mic technique) if they are not "a matched pair from
factory" providing that they are the same brand and model.

want to capture the live sound in the new
studio room we've built for rehearsing with
guitar+loops coming from the monitors plus acoustic  drums.

any recomendations?
we are in a budget and thought about a pair of AKG c1000s for the task.

thanks in advance friends!,
TPO crew.

--
The Playing Orchestra: http://www.telefonica.net/web2/tpo