Re: Low Lantecy Soundcard for Laptop Gig

----- Original Message -----
From: "Per Boysen" <perboysen@gmail.com>

>> Really? Is this because of the speed of firewire?
>
> Yes, Kris. PCI and PCMCIA are a little faster than FireWire. Not much
> though.

That's right. But you mean firewire 400, I take it? I think it is a bit more than "a little" right? I'm reading
that the spec for CardBus is 132 Mbps, vs 393 Mbps of FireWire 400. See below. Is anyone making an audio interface that utilizes firewire 800 specs?

Original USB - 12 Mbps
USB 2.0  - 480 Mbps
FireWire 400   - 393.216 Mbps
FireWire 800 - 786.432 Mbps
PCMCIA (PC Card) / CardBus, Type I or Type II (32 bit PCMCIA) - 132 Mbps

Kris