Re: anybody built a usb controller, yet?

As a matter of fact, I'm in the process of building my own hybrid
software/hardware controller right now.

I'm basing mine on the monome (8x8 button matrix logic board):
http://monome.org/40h/kit

The joystick looks interesting too.  And it is already built...  I've
got to solder my monome board kit...
Ahhh - but the monome has support for 8x8 grid of LEDs too.

My plan is for 18 switches (I won't be using all 64 possible buttons)
with LEDs and 4 expression pedal inputs.

How are you going to translate USB input into MIDI or keystrokes or
whatever?

sean