Re: Alternative to a laptop?

That's the part I just can't get clarity on.  It seems possible, since OSX doesn't do the same things with memory allocation that Windows does, and therefore *may* not steal your RAM.

There's no question that the new chips don't help Windows with the problem.  Only a really fancy motherboard with memory remapping can fool Windows into seeing all 4GB - and I see so many reports of that being unstable that it doesn't seem like a reasonable alternative.