Acoustic Piano Looping

Hi There

Can anyone give some tips on looping an acoustic piano, both grand
and upright? I have been trying with out much success. I am currently
using some contact mic's which go into preamps then into the normal
stuff, laptop or delay / loop pedals.  I am having problems with
feedback, the soundboard often picks up the Pa leading to feedback,
and the general sound quality is not great. The live vocal looping
thread recently had some helpful suggestions which I will try out on
the next set.

Does anyone here loop real pianos, and give any advice on equipment
setup?

thanks

leon