looping different instruments and voice

Hello

Due to budget issues, I've been stuck with looping guitar or banjo
licks on my Akai HeadRush , then pulling out the in- jack (luckily
with no apparent noise) and putting in my mic jack , to sing
different layers on top of the existing loop. I'm now ready to get a
bit more complex, and am considering the Boss RC-20, the Digitech
Jamman, or the new Boss RC-50.

These all have different inputs I believe, can they be used together?
I wouldn't need to loop more than one input at a time, but how do you
switch without using your hands? Like say I put down a guitar loop,
want to add some weird keyboard sounds, and then sing over it all,
and put on my own harmonies. Can one pedal do this?

And can the RC-50 loop itself, like the second track looping a part
of the first, etc?

Cheers for any info

scott